Revision as of 18:23, 9 April 2010 by Aqn (changed caption)
Shocks, struts, dampers, springs, etc.
- Suspension install how-to[vwvortex]
- Another suspension how-to [vwvortex]: installing H&R springs (all four corners) on a 2008 MkV GTI.
- More info on suspension install (B+G Sport Springs install on GLI), using Snap On AST 6300 "VW/Audi/Porsche Socket and Bit Set"[vwvortex]
- Do you have to separate the axle from the hub to get the strut out? (Yes!)[vwvortex]
- Specialty tools for VWs/Audis (MkV strut spreader, strut nut socket, etc.)
- "Aftermarket Spring Rates & Lowering FAQ"[vwvortex]: lowering amount, spring rates, etc.
- Part numbers for Euro Jetta sport suspension[vwvortex]:
- 1T0 413 031 DJ: sport shocks
- 1K0 411 105 EQ: sport springs
- 1K0 511 115 CE: rear springs, sport suspension
- 1K0 511 353 P: stop buffer for sport suspension (133 mm), this part is in US catalog
- 1K0 513 029 MF-: sport shock
- Info on VW "Sport Springs" from the "VW Designs" brochure [vwvortex], which come with new bumpstops and cost $225/set.
Euro GTI springs
- Euro GTI springs part numbers[vwvortex]:
- Front: "1K0 411 105 GK, colormarks: 1 blue/1red/2green"
- Rear (3-Door): "1K0 511 115 EA, colormarks: 1blue/1pink"
- Rear (3/5Door?): "1K0 511 115 EB, colormarks: 1blue/1pink/1yellow"
- Rear (Extra load?): "1K0 511 115 EC, colormarks: 1blue/1pink(purple)/2yellow"
- Euro GTI and US GTI have the same strut/shock part numbers[vwvortex]
- Front: 1T0 413 031 EQ
- Rear: 1K0 513 029 GP
- Euro GTI bumpstop part numbers[vwvortex]
- Front: 1K0 412 303 F - Rubber stop for shock absorber
- Rear: 1K0 511 353 N - Stop buffer
Alignment: specs, etc.
- Alignment specs from Bentley manual:
|Front||Camber||-30' +/- 30'||-44' +/- 30'|
|Toe Out (with steering wheel turned to 20° left and right)||1° 38' +/- 20'||1° 22' +/- 20'|
|Caster||7° 34' +/- 30'||7° 47' +/- 30'|
|Front Standing Height||382 mm +/- 10 mm||360 mm +/- 10 mm|
|Rear||Camber||-1° 20' +/- 30'||-1° 45' +/- 30'|
|Total toe (at prescribed camber)||+10' +/- 12.5'||+10' +/- 12.5'|
|Rear Standing Height||380 mm +/- 10 mm||365 mm +/- 10 mm|
|Standing height is measured from the edge of the fender (wheel well) to the center of the hub cap on the wheel.|
- PR number for Euro GTI front suspension is G08. Rear is 1JE (3-door).
- PR number for US GTI front suspension is G11. Rear is 1JH.
- Comparison of ride heights [vwvortex]: 2007 MkV GTI, 2008 MkV GTI and 2008 VW Rabbit.
Anti-roll bars ("sway bars"), braces ("stress bars"), etc.
- Great discussion, with cool formulae and stuff, on hollow versus solid anti-roll bars.
- "INTRODUCING: Neuspeed's 25mm Tubular Adjustable Rear Sways Bar Now Available at NA Motorsports"[vwvortex]
- An issue with older Auto-Tech sway bars: pics of broken rear Auto-Tech sway bar [vwvortex]: