Miscellaneous engine-related things
Engine mounts, transmission mounts, etc.
- The "torque arm" is also known as the "dog bone mount". For eaxmple, Black Forest Industries sells a "torque arm insert", and its installation instruction page is called Mk5DogboneInstructions.pdf.
- Another how-to: Removing FSI (2.0T) Cover
- "FSI interesting pics": pics of: oil filter; MAF turbulence screen; fuel rail fuel pump[vwvortex]
- "How To Break In New Engines For More Power" (also here: [mkvgti_library/engine/break_in_secrets.htm])
- MkV GTI's fuel economy[vwvortex]
- Installing Neuspeed Power Pulley (underdrive pulley) [vwvortex] (Article and pics are also here.)
There have been reports of some of the six bolts on the stock pulley being seized & could not be removed. [vwvortex] (Pics in that post are also here.)
Watch out for difficult-to-remove bolts when removing the pulley. [vwvortex]
- Large list of parts needed for a K04 conversion, with a large photo of all the parts, each part annotated with its part number (including S3 injectors). [vwvortex]