This article is adapted from this document.
Special tools, testers and items required:
- Vag-Com, VAS 5051
- Adapter for oil filling, VAS 6262
- Oil collecting tray
- Torque wrench
- 5.5 liter DSG oil: # G 052 182 A2, about $20 per liter x 6 = $120
- DSG oil filter: # 02E 305 051 B, about $50
- New seal for drain plug: # N 910 845 01, about $2
- Engine off - do not start!
- Place oil collecting tray underneath transmission
- Slowly remove filter housing; before removing filter housing from transmission, tip it slightly in its seating.
This allows oil to flow back into transmission from filter housing
- After you have inserted filter with - shoulder - downward, tighten housing to 15 ft-lbs (20 Nm)
- Raise vehicle
- Remove noise insulation tray
- Remove inspection plug A near pendulum support
- A black plastic overflow tube is located in this hole (with 8 mm hex socket head, torque specification: 26 in-lbs (3 Nm), i.e. about finger-tight).
Its length determines oil level in transmission
- Remove this oil tube (about 5 liters of oil will drain)
- Reinstall overflow tube, 3 Nm
- Install adapter - A - from VAS 6262 hand-tight in inspection hole
- Shake oil containers before opening fill 5.5 liter DSG oil.
To change bottles, shut-off valve can be closed or oil filler adapter VAS 6262 can be held higher than transmission
- Move through VAS 5051 until DSG oil temperature is displayed or Vag-Com Select 02 Auto Trans go to Meas.Blocks-08 grup 019 and then GO.
- Now start engine
- Press brake and shift into each selector lever position for approx. 3 seconds. Place lever in position P again
Do not switch off engine!
- Wait till DSG oil temperature riches between 35 ° to 45 ° Celsius
- Disconnect quick-release coupling of adapter for oil filling VAS 6262 with engine running
- Let excess oil drain
- As soon as the oil has run out (it begins to drip), remove adapter for oil filling VAS 6262 and install bolt with new seal - arrow:
- Tightening torque: 33 ft-lbs (45 Nm)
- Turn off engine
- Dispose of oil in an appropriate manner
- This completes changing oil and filter.
This is trancribed from this PDF , which was downloaded from http://homepage.mac.com/cvervais/gli/DSG-Oil-Change.pdf, originally pointed to in [vwvortex], mainly because the original download is 600KB! Also fixed up the illutrations, added part numbers.