General engine information
The North American VW 2.0T FSI engine's engine code is BPY [vwvortex]. There are different engine codes for variants of the 2.0T FSI. [vwvortex]
Here is a table of engine codes, from [vwvortex]:
Here are the 2.0T FSI's dimensions, versus the 1.8T five-valve engine.
Here are interesting bits of info and pics on the 2.0T FSI, from "1.8T’s replacement – 2.0T FSI" [vwvortex]:
- Cross-section line drawing of the 2.0T FSI engine.
- Diverter valve is electrically operated and attached directly to compressor stator.
- Same block size [as the 1.8T] including bore spacing with fitments both for longitudinal and transverse applications
- Exhaust manifold's separation rib keeps cylinders 2 & 3 from interfering with 1 & 4.
- General view of the 2.0T FSI for transverse application.
- Balancer shaft module with chain drive.
- Dual chain driven balancer shafts.
- 2.0T FSI versus 1.8T piston cross section and dimensions.
- 2.0T FSI fuel system
- Specific fuel consumption benefit compared to the 1.8T