The transmission code for the 2.0T's 6-speed transmission is 02Q (zero two Q).
- Launch Control Retrofit TSB... [vwvortex]:
"VWoA has issued TSB 37 06 06 [titled "Launch Control Program, Vehicles with DSG* Transmissions"], dated 8 December 2006, to enable Launch Control on ALL 2007 model year Jetta GLIs and GTIs with DSG transmissions that were not factory enabled. The TSB involves flashing the Mechatronics Unit firmware using CD W42DQ250RD2."
The TSB applies to:
"Jetta GLI, 2007, All (engines), 6 Spd. (02E), VIN range 1K_7M000001 to 1K_7M034823
GTI, 2007, All, 6 Spd. (02E), VIN range 1K_7W000001 to 1K_7W064999
Newer VINs are factory enabled."
- Shifting into 'S' only changes the DSG's behavior and does not change the engine's behavior. [vwvortex]
- Short shift kit by Jose at JS Performance [vwvortex]
- EIP short shift kit [vwvortex]
- Peloquin's TBD (Torque Biasing Device), more commonly know as a LSD, for the MkV GTI. [vwvortex]
The stock one-way differential is riveted to the transmission. The transmission needs to be removed, then the rivets drilled on a drill press, to separate the diff from the transmission.
- Parts needed for DSG transmission oil change:
- DSG transmission fluid: # G 052 182 A2, about $20 per liter, x 6 = $120
- DSG transmission filter: # 02E 305 051 B, about $50
- New seal for drain plug: # N 910 845 01, about $2
- How to change DSG transmission oil: procedure & illustrations
- More info on changing DSG oil, including part numbers of oil, filter, and seal. [vwvortex]
- DSG (02E) Transmission - 40,000 miles maintenance service, on tdiclub.com:
- Part I DSG (02E) Transmission - 40,000 miles maintenance service
- Part II Performing the DSG Transmission Service (Mechanical Procedure)
- Part III DSG Transmission Service (Mechanical Procedure)
- Part IV DSG Transmission Service (Mechanical Procedure)
- Part V DSG Transmission Service: Technical Procedure
- Installing OSIR shift knob & boot [vwvortex]: removing stock shift knob & boot.
(Some pics are also save here.)
- "Another inexpensive DSG fluid fill tool" [vwvortex]: DIY DSG filler, using a DSG fill adapter and a pressurized garden sprayer.
- "Interesting DSG Error..." [vwvortex]
(Group: 35, Number: 06-01, 2004-2006 New Beetle, New Jetta, Golf GTI with DSG)
See also: DSG: problem with hard engagement from stops [vwvortex]
The United States NHTSA Opens A Federal Investigation Into DSG Failures: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1849276
- SPEC has clutch/flywheel packages for MkV GTI.
*SPEC Lightweight Flywheel Stage 2 Clutch Installed* [vwvortex]
- Why single-mass lightweight flywheel can cause chattering/gear lash noise/gear rattle when used with the stock solid-hub clutch disc.